Southern Alberta Technology Council
& University of Lethbridge
LETHBRIDGE REGIONAL SCIENCE FAIR & SCIENCE OLYMPICS
Friday March 27 & Saturday March 28, 2015
University of Lethbridge
1st Choice Savings Centre - Track
Sci-Fusion is a combination of two
events, the Lethbridge Regional Science Fair and Science Olympics.
Sci-Fusion is open to students in grades 4 - 12 from souhwest Alberta
schools. Students with top placing entries from the regional fair are
invited to compete in CANADA-WIDE SCIENCE FAIR 2015 in Fredericton, New Brunswick in May 2015.
For more information, please contact: admin@SATCLethbridge.ca
|Friday, March 27th, 2015|
| 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|| Science Fair Registration and Project Setup - Upper Track|
| 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.|
Welcome / Announcements - Upper Track
Science Fair Judging
U of L Science Lab Tours - available for family and visitors
|Saturday, March 28th, 2015|
| 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.|
PUBLIC VIEWING - Upper Track
and Let's Talk Science activities
|11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|| Special Presentation, PE250|
|12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.|| Lunch (provided for competitors) PE275|
|11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|| Public Viewing of Science Projects (continued)|
|12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|| Science Olympics - all students in grades 4 - 12 - Upper Track|
| 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|| Science Fair / Science Olympics Awards PE250|
PHOTOS from SCI-FUSION 2014 may be viewed on FACEBOOK.
Click the links below for photos taken at Sci-Fusion 2013.
Need help planning your 2015 project? Click the links below to view:
- How to decide on a project
- Designing a project and experiment - "Setting It Up"
- What to include in your report
- Safety Considerations - check the chemical and biological hazards limitations
- Ethics policy - if you are planning on using humans or animals this is a must read!
- Resources to find a project and to things to consider in stepping up to the next competition level
- PARENTS AND TEACHERS: Click for ideas and resource links to help get ready!
To register for both Sci-Fusion events (Fair and Olympics):
Science Fair participants are automatically entered for the Science Olympics portion of Sci-Fusion.
- STUDENTS: To register your project, you will need an email address
Go to registration website link and click register/login from the menu
Download the judges form (pdf) to see how your project is scored during the fair.
- JUDGES: volunteers needed for Friday evening and Saturday morning.
Go to: registration website link and click register/login from the menu
To register for Science Olympics only:
Please contact email@example.com or (403) 328-3961 for more information.
Thanks to our 2014 sponsors:
WATSON CRICK LEVEL SPONSORS
COPERNICUS LEVEL SPONSORS
- Hantec Engineering
- ISL Engineering
- Trace Associates
- Chapters Books
Canada-Wide Science Fair is a project of Youth Science Canada.